Truth be told I was a bit lukewarm about PAX this year. The usual crazy was rattling around my head like nuts and bolts in a tin pot. Why leave my house, there are people and things out there. Why would an old guy go? Why would anyone there want an old guy to ruin it for them? Finally the AirB&B I am staying at looks like a cell in Attica.
I started packing, pulled my PAX Passes out, and took a look at the schedule. Got my eye on the following sessions and events but will wait to see what Mig and Shaun are doing since they are gaming luminaries.
- Being an Artist in the Game Industry
- Penny Arcade Q&A
- A Place at the (Gamers) Table: Native American Nerd Culture and the Rise of Indigenerd
- Mario Teaches Nothing: Entertainment Games In Education
- Hate is the Hobby
- Roll Selection: The Art of Choosing Which Board Game to Play
- Mass Effect: Andromeda YAS!!!!
- Awesome Video Game Data
- Kusoge! More of Japan’s Awesomely Awful Videogames
And that is just Friday. More tomorrow and perhaps an ongoing photo and comment on PAX from an old guys perspective